drum flaker manufacturers
- DRUM FLAKER are used to convert molten products into solid in to continuous operation. Molten feed adheres on to the outer surface of rotating drum through feed tray / applicator Roller. To avoid solidification of feed melt on the tray, it is provided with limpet coil or jacketed provision to maintain the heating by steam, thermic fluid or hot water. Drum is internally cooled by spraying chilled / cooling water through spray nozzles. To avoid leakage of cooling water medium, PTFE rope or Mechanical Seal is provided for rotary joint. The product solidifies and after completion of rotation of drum scrapped off the drum surface to form flakes.
- Cooling drums and other feed contact parts: They can be decided as per constituent properties of feed product & choice of end user. In case of process requirement the cooling drum can be chrome plated.
- Material of construction of contact parts:Carbon steel, SS 304, SS 316, SS 316 L , others upon request
- Cooling Drum Sizes: 0.5 Sq.Mtr to 30 Sq.Mtr.
- Type of Feed Mechanisms:
Single Drum Flaker- Bottom Dip Feed
Single Drum Flaker- Bottom Applicator Roller
Single Drum Flaker- Overhead Applicator Roller
Double Drum Flaker- Nip Feed (others upon request)
- Scrapper Blade arrangement: Manual hand wheel / Pneumatic / Hydraulics
- Scrapper Blade MOC: Hylam, Phosphor Bronze, Magnesium Bronze, Brass , Food Grade Teflon and others
- Product Collection: Post solidification of the feed material the flakes can be collected via product collection chute or hopper or gets discharged via lump breaker /screw conveyor discharge outlet which can be directly filled into drums or bags.
- Compliance: We can manufacture the drum flaker equipment as per GMP and Food grade compliant in case specific requirement from customer.
Cooling Drum Flakers are the most compact and efficient method to cool an incoming molten product to a solid flaked product utilizing thin film continuous cooling via conductive heat transfer. Cooling Drum Flakers are utilized in food, chemical, environmental, and pharmaceutical applications for products such as acetic acid, calcium chloride, caustic soda, edible oils, fatty acids, polyethylene glycol, steric acid, waxes and zinc stearate.
Consisting of a rotating drum with a cooling liquid sprayed on the inside and a product specific application method for applying the molten product to the drum surface, standard applications methods are a dip feed pan usually used for low viscosity products, applicator roll usually used for heat sensitive products or agitator roll usually used for super-cooling products. The solidified product is 100% removed from the drum surface by ridged knife bar assembly.
The cooling drum requires precision construction and machining to assure uniform efficient heat transfer and eliminate production fines. Standard drum materials of construction can range from cast-iron, to hastelloy and are built to comply with ASME and PED Pressure Codes or other national design and construction codes.
Due to current environmental and health safety requirements, cooling drum flakers are usually enclosed in a number of specially designed enclosures specifically suited for dust containment or toxic vapor containment and/or provide an inert gas operating environment for oxygen-sensitive products.
Due to the hundreds of various types of products and operating environments, almost all aspects of a drum flaker’s mechanical design, operating components and ancillary equipment are customizable to meet individual application needs.
The vast majority of Buflovak cooling drum flakers are installed on a production-guaranteed basis because the specific process (chemistry) design was tested and then pilot-run in the Buflovak laboratory, which provided reliable scale-up data for correct dryer configuration and drum surface area to meet each individual process design application.
The following chart is an example of the flexible cooling drum flaker surface area range to meet your specific flaked production rate. The drum length of any given cooling drum diameter can be adjusted for exact cooling surface area requirements to meet and balance upstream (molten liquid) process and downstream (flaked solid) capacity design.
- Uniform drying across the materials, due to uniform application and maintaining uniform pressure across the drum.
- Very much suitable of highly viscous, pasty, slurries type of materials.
- Our drum dryers are suitable drying of heat sensitive materials, because of its shorter drying time.
- Highly adjustable, the components of the drum dryer such as pressure, rotation speed, applicator width and other can be adjusted individually
- Drum dryers offers higher thermal efficiency as compared to other drying systems as the drying takes place due to transfer of heat from within drum to outside drum.
- Kerone’s drum dryers are easy to maintain and clean.
- We build drum dryer with wide range of size and heat transfer to handle wide range of material.
- Drum dryers operates in continuous drying mode.
Drum dryers are used to dry following in Food & Dairy industries:
- Cereal based baby food
- Milk for Milk powder
- Skim milk
- Tomato puree
- Coffee powders
- Malt extract
- Apple puree
- Apple sauce
- Sauces and Jams
- Citrus pulps
- Fruit juice
Drum Dryers in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries:
- Calcium Carbonate
- Suspensions Of Zinc Oxide
- Sodium Benzoate
- Brewer’S Yeast
- Calcium Chloride
- Potasium Phenyl Acetate
- Polyacrylamide Gel
- Sodium Acetate
- Dye Intermediate
- Sulphur Black
- Calcium Lactate
- Resis Salt
- Barium Sulphate
- Suspensions Of The Kaolin
- Animal Glue
- Soya Residue (Okara)
- Sodium Sulphate
- Acid Voilet
- Pregel Starch
- Distiller’S Yeast
- Di- Potassium Phosphate
- Glandular Extracts
- Calcium And Barium Carbonates